View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 AM   #84
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Speaking of drm, i had a little "scare" moment when buying e-books from sony store yesterday. After buying book, i realized the sony reader might not use the same key, and I would be unable to de-drm. Worse I might be unable to get the sony software to authenticate my non-sony reader, meaning i would be unable to read the paid for book at all.
I've never been so happy to see inept's "file successfully decrypted". And went on to the usual margin / css fixing. (that's one reason I de-drm my books, in addition to making my life easier. Fixing the publisher's mess.)

Quote:
If you don't like the laws in Country X, then go live in Country Y. If you don't like the prices of music CDs or ebooks, then don't buy them. Learn to live without them. You have options, you have rights; but the one 'right' you do not have, is to conveniently break laws as you see fit.
Up to a certain point. I will not take the right to download content I should pay for. But, while the US law makes it illegal to read DVD on linux, or get my books rid of drm, that would be a right I would take, where I living there.
Though I will not take the right to distribute the books after striping off the DRM.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-19-2010 at 03:01 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote