View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
rgeorg
Fanatic
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, K3, Fire HD, SGP5
Thanks for the advice, but I don't use dictonaries and we just do not have much of a selection here in Greece. I'm pretty (maybe not *quite* as much - but still) pleased with the price and warranty. I wanted a reasonably priced 6" e-ink as opposed to all my other LCD devices so that I could see if it makes any difference to my eyes and the overall reading experience. So far, it's way better than the netbooks and basically on a par with the jetBook, but slightly more screen real-estate which is nice. The jetBook is more tolerant of marginal ambient lighting and better form-factor for carrying around, so that's what I use it for in general.

I think the EB600 software displays the various formats of ebooks quite well and I prefer it for home reading although I still use the 9" netbook tablet for PDFs and some lit format books. So I guess I am "covered" for all situations ;-)

However, if I were not a native English-language person and depended on dictionaries I *would* be annoyed (or prefer my jetBook which has dictionaries!).

It's just that I thought that I was sooooo smart ..........
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote