Thread: PRS-600 USB Charging
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet View Post
Yet another wrinkle in USB charging. I can charge my PRS-600 from the computer... but not from my laptop
Stevet - the problem is that the USB was never intended to be used for high-power devices like hard drives or for recharging equipment. The USB spec says that the port must provide only 500 mA of power. Many computers provide more than that, which is why you can buy those little portable HDs now, but not including an AC charger with the PRS-600 was still a really bad decision on Sony's part.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote