View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #69
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad 2|iPhone 4|Sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
That's the danger of a paper dictionary: You look up a word ... and then read another word ... and another ... and an hour later, you've forgotten what you went to look up in the first place. It's kind of a physical implementation of the tvtropes.org time sink. Or maybe tvtropes should be called a temporal black hole.
Or Wikipedia on the Kindle. But it's all part of the fun of learning new words and facts.

With modern fiction in my own language I've yet to read any on my e-book readers, but I usually don't feel the need to look words in Danish in any other case either, so I would probably not miss it that much if I - hypothetically - couldn't look up words in a Danish dictionary while reading a Danish book
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote