View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I've only known Jonathan Goldberg as a cyber pal for a short time, Zelda. I think he's American but has spent a lot of time in France and has strong connections here (perhaps his wife is French, as is mine). In fact, he was telling me in his last note that he'll be in France for a couple of weeks in June, staying with friends (maybe family?) in Montpellier. I'll be sure to ask him when he's next in touch. Very nice chap.

By the way, one of the writers I put him in touch with is a magnificent US author called Howard Waldman, who lives not a million miles from you in Paris. Howard spent the first part of his working life teaching French literature at an American university and the rest teaching American literature at a French university.

He retired about twelve years ago and started to actually write at last. I'm glad he did because I love his work. We have all four of his novels, which I guess fall into what's become known as the *literary fiction* genre.

His first, Back There is a dark romance set in Paris in the '50s. His last is a really off-beat piece called Good Americans Go to Paris When They Die. If you like, take a look at them on our http://www.bewrite.net site (you'll find blurbs, extracts and author biography there) and let me know by email (ntmarrATbewrite.net) if you're interested. I'll send them straight over to you with our compliments in PDF or ePub.

Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote