View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #61
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
Interesting points. Will HP make a WebOS based tablet. Well, Apple made the Ipad that runs the same software as the iPhone, so perhaps.
With regards to the original idea of this discussion, I am a bona fide iPhone user with over 100 apps, etc. But I made the choice to get the Asus T91MT netbook because I still wanted the built in keyboard and pen input. I have kind of pondered the idea of a Tablet PC for many years now, but was not going to spend the money on a full size notebook one, so when the Asus came out, I knew I would want it, but waited for the iPad specs, not to mention the fact that I already have two netbooks, the original Asus that started it all as well as an Acer. Even after the specs were revealed, and as it was released, I very nearly ordered one anyway! But I still wanted the tablet/portrait mode available too to also use it as an e-reader, and especially wanted a touch screen too. Also of course use at home when on the internet, but I do want the ability to have flash. Don't care about flash on the iPhone so much as the iPhone meets my needs for on the fly use. I don't need all the iPhone apps on a tablet form factor either because most of my apps are meant for on the fly input, but I can appreciate the coolness of being able to use apps on the iPad and I do so enjoy the App Store!! (and I will say, I played with one on display and it is very sleek, and of course, I know the interface of the iPhone) But for me, the Asus Tablet netbook did win out-meets the specs I want, but it's a netbook that is also a touchscreen.
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote