View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
Hamlet53
History of God
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
I love everything about the look of your web site. Especially the home page with the sort of medieval manuscript look to it. Makes me want to browse the entire site. Though everyone will have different opinions on that inevitably. I don't see the problem with only PDFs available directly through your site as it is made clear that other formats (including mobi and epub) are available at SmashWords.

Your views on DRM sum it up nicely. I don't know if Internet piracy is the hole in the bottom of the ship that will sink the publishing industry as the major sources seem to feel it is, the e-book segment of the market is still to small to say, but I do no DRM is not the solution. A somewhat apropos quote:

Quote:
“[condoms are] a bulwark against pleasure, but a cobweb against danger” - Marquise de Sévigné *
I wish I could take a pledge to never purchase a e-book with DRM, but sometimes I want the book and it is only available with DRM and in the wrong format. So I will purchase it and do what is necessary for me to make use of my purchase with a clear conscience. The ultimate truth may be the authors/publishers will probably have to accept some piracy as unavoidable red ink just as retailers now do shoplifting.

* I am in no way advising or promoting “unsafe sex.”
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote