View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
The USB dongle thing still looks like good value but I'm guessing an ereader might have problems powering it and 1GB still looks very limiting.
1GB is loads for e-mail and basic web browsing. I typically find that handling my day's e-mail via my ISP's "webmail" interface uses around 1MB of downloaded data, so that costs 1.5p with my Vodafone dongle. With webmail, of course, you don't download all your mail - you just delete all the crap (which is obvious from the title) without reading it, then read and respond to the handful of messages which remain. As I say, in over a year, I've used less than 1 on credit on my dongle, so for me personally, it's the perfect solution for occasional usage.

That's with a netbook, of course. Such things don't work with eBook readers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote