View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
A to Z of Great Public Domain Books

Borrowing pdurrant's excellent thread idea Choose only public domain books (i.e. available here or at Project Gutenberg or Manybooks or some such site) for this one. The rules, from pdurrant's original thread:

Here's a thread for another list of books. I'm looking for books that you really enjoyed reading - books that you remember well, and would be happy to re-read.

But to make creating the list a bit more intersting: in alphabetical order by title*, one book per post, each following on from the last post. I'll list the titles here as people add them:

*"A" and "The" should be ignored. Also "Le" and all other non-English equivalents.

I'll start us off with A-B-C

A: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

B: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

C: A Christmas Carrol by Charles Dickens

D: Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

E: Emma by Jane Austen

F: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

G: Goodbye, Mr Chips by James Hilton

H: The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson

I: Ivanhoe by Walter Scott

J: The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling

K: The Kama Sutra

L: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

M: Middlemarch by George Eliot

Last edited by ficbot; 05-14-2010 at 08:43 AM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote