View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
The books are all in .mobi format. I figure I can load them onto the Libre easily that way and convert them in Calibre if I need to.

I guess the issue with putting them into Calibre is two-fold:

1) My Calibre library is already hovering near the 900 mark, and performance is not always great. Not sure if that's Calibre's fault or my computer's fault. But I worry that adding 10,000 ebooks in one go will clog up the works and over-clutter things.

2) I am sure I don't even know what most of the stuff is. The ebay ad seemed to indicate it was in sections e.g. 17th century, 18th century etc. Large swaths of it will not interest me at all. But the pulp stuff, mystery stuff etc. I want to read. Some of it may be short stories. Who knows? I thought I could just dump it all on the memory card and delete right from the device as I plow through it all. Anything worth keeping, I can transfer back to Calibre for archival and backup later. But, as I said, I am not sure if the dvd is set up in such a way as to permit and/or facilitate this.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote