Thread: 0.2.0 FINAL
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
You didn't fix the spacing problem when importing italicized words. Will that be fixed in an upcoming version?
Yes, but the fix for that will require swapping QDom for Xerces-C++. That will take weeks.

And the problem is not with generic italicized words, the file you attached to the issue wraps many, many useless <font> and <span> tags around such words and thus invokes this bug in QDom. More generic instances of that bug have been worked around by injecting a custom XML parser into QDom, but that only goes so far.

Since the problem appears only for very specific markup and the fix will require a lot of time and drastic changes to the codebase, it's not something I was willing to implement in the RC phase.

But yes, it will be fixed in one of the next releases. Possibly the next one... but maybe not, since it depends on the amount of work required and the time I have available to work on Sigil and this issue in particular.

Swapping QDom with Xerces is my biggest concern right now.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote