Thread: Classic Nook and Sun fade?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've had the 505 for about 16 months and have read the posts about sun fade (also this one) on various devices. I understood from the various threads and posters that it was due to a "bad batch" of screens by LG which were used on a variety of brands of e-ink devices and not on just one brand.

I've never had the sun fade problem on my screen. I read outside everyday in nice weather. The only thing I notice is that the leather cover gets very warm. It is usually 90 degrees plus outside and I sit with my back to the sun (but the sun is on the screen of my Reader).

It seems to not be a brand problem but which batch of the e-ink screens were used on your device problem.

Last edited by dreams; 05-11-2010 at 03:01 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote