View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
maddie80
maddie80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
kindle second thoughts?

I got a kindle last week as an early mother's day gift! My husband debated between that and the nook for a while, and went with the kindle.

Now that I have the kindle though, we are both having second thoughts - mostly about the openness of the device (for e-books from the library, etc., and not being locked in to amazon only), and the design factor (the nook is so much smoother and doesn't have the many many buttons to mess with). I was sad that one of the books I was dying to read wasn't available for kindle because of the penguin publishing issue.

I was hoping you guys could sell me one way or the other. My main hesitations about the nook are battery life (how long does it really last in "reading hours," not just "days of use? - I read a lot, often several hours a day or more), the menuing (does it get more intuitive - the kindle was super easy out of the box, but the nook seems like it would take more time, even though I'm pretty tech/gadget savvy), and the speed of the device (page turning, downloading books, etc. - I've read very mixed reports about it).

Also, I can't really tell who "really" has more books, amazon or B&N....
maddie80 is offline   Reply With Quote