View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
How good is note taking ? Does it feel responsive enough ?
--Not bad. I use it in classes and meetings. Generating a new page in notes mode is a bit slow.

Can I zoom in and out while taking notes ?
--Yes, but the display reacts somewhat more slowly than an LCD, for example, so you may not want to do this.

Can I draw small mindmaps with it ?
--Absolutely.

How good does it sync the notes back ( Whats the format and is it usable or are my notes stuck in file format oblivion ? )
--An XML file ties the notes together. They are stored as JPG (I think-- might be PNG.) I've gotten into them without trouble.

Anybody tried to work with Evernote and an iliad ?
--Sorry, can't help with that question.

How is the battery life, I'm a bit confused after reading every possible time span ( 5 hours - 10 hours ? ) ?
--Note-taking uses more power than reading. You'll probably still get 7+ hours even if you're taking a lot of notes. I get about 12 when just reading. Someday there is supposed to be a battery upgrade that will increase this. The developer community is working on software fixes, too.

How easy does the display break ( a lot of confusinf opninions about that one ) ?
I've had mine for about 5 months, and no problems so far. I got an inexpensive "planner" cover to keep it in. You want to protect the screen, but no need to be paranoid.

Is there a function to lock the hardware buttons so I can drop it into a bag running and could use it as a shopping list without having to boot.
--There is a hardware button lock icon you can tap with the stylus. I've done what you describe. Don't forget to turn it off when you're done shopping, or you'll have that shopping list on there until the battery recharges. There's a lot of discussion about changing the software to leave the last page up when you turn off the unit.

Is there anbody in germany who could show me a real iliad ( Munich, Nurnberg, Berlin ? ) ?
-- There are several MobileRead members in Germany, but I'm not one. Someone else might respond...

Good luck!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote