View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #9
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Hadrien,

I found out something interesting about FBReader. With the sample epub books at IDPF, I simply renamed them .oebzip and FBReader displayed them just fine. I'm sure that there are some things that epub does that won't work this way, but apparently there is enough backwards compatibility with OEB that this works with all four sample files.
You can make OEB valid Epub files, I guess that's why these Epub files displayed just fine in FBReader. The lack of CSS support and embedded fonts though mean that you won't get the full experience.
I really hope that FBReader will support Epub, this way iLiad users will be able to use Epub files too (for the Sony PRS-500, the support will be directly from Adobe).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote