View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #105
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darch View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of the info about the nook. I have a question that I think is a bit different from the above. I will be moving to Africa for a year and I'm looking to buy a nook in the US before I leave. If I do so and I take the nook to Africa, can I have someone buy a book from B&N from the US on my account and then download it to my nook using the usb cable? I don't know how great wifi will be over there so I'm trying to come up with other solutions.
I have had no experience trying this, it was posted on another forum and I'd appreciate hearing from anyone living in a non-US country who does try it. It would eliminate all those problems of booksellers not willing to sell ebooks outside the U.S. and also allow you to watch U.S. TV programs which I haven't been able to do in Costa Rica.

You use AOL

1. Download AOL Desktop (free) and signup for a free account
2. Install it
3. Change your connection settings for the software, chose "connect options" go to the broadband tab, and from the top left chose "add broadband profile" then for the settings chose connection type: Home Network that is all you need to change.
4. Connect using these new settings, you should now have a USA IP Address
5. In your browser go to whatsmyip address website and you can check to make sure you have a USA IP

Works for me, sometimes I have to restart my computer or modem because AOL won't connect sometimes.

Another alternative which is good also but costs $10/month is strongvpn.com use their "lite open" package there are other security benefits to using a VPN over AOL. They will give you a San Francisco or other USA IP so you can watch Hulu and the other ones like ABC, NBC, Fox, etc.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote