View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
You want margins to change with the font size? When you increase the font size, the number of characters displayed per line is smaller. Are you sure that you want to further decrease that number of characters by increased margins?
Well,basically I gotta say: yes, I want margins to change with the font size.

O.k. I admit, sometimes it ain't so good: for example when it's something like the start of a chapter, I use top margin 5 em, so that there is some space before the chapter title.

However, especially when it comes to "characters per line", I see it different. With my CSS, when a new paragraph starts, it starts with a text intend of 1.5 em. And I removed the empty line between 2 paragraphs, so it really looks like a paper book.

Now let's say, I use a fixed size like for example: text intend of 1.5 centimetres or maybe 5 yards ... you know what I mean. Lets say my textsize is 1em (let's say that would be about 1 centimetre). But now I zoom in. Now, my font is twice as big as before, but the intend stays the same. Let's say I zoom again, and now my font size is 10 times as big as before (unrealistic, but I just want to make it obvious). So now my font size is about 10 cm, while the text intent still is 1.5 cm. The whole thing would look different.

@Charleski

No one knows what the future will bring, that's why I keep all my ebooks in html file with external css files. It is pretty easy to change an external css and convert it with calibre.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote