The procedure for Library books is quite simple really (I'm writing this from memory so I can't refer to exact menu steps but I can expand on this later if need be):
Initial Configuration (You only need do this once):
1. Install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your PC/Mac and link it to/create your Adobe ID (the software will walk you through this when you first install it).
2. With ADE shut down, plug your Kobo into your computer and allow it to mount.
3. Start ADE. It should detect that you have a Kobo reader connected to your PC and offer to Authorise the reader on your account.
Borrowing a Library Book:
1. Using your web browser of choice, log into your local library account, select your books and download the file. It will be called Something.ascm. Remember where you saved the file.
2. On your computer, locate the .ascm file you just downloaded and double-click it. This will launch ADE. The software will process the .ascm file, download the book and authorise it with the ADE servers. It will then automatically appear in your library.
3. Connect the Kobo Reader into your PC/Mac using the USB cable. On a Windows PC, the reader will just appear in ADE. On a Mac, you will need to exit ADE (Command-Q) and restart it in order to see the Kobo Reader.
4. Under "Bookshelves", click on "Borrowed" to filter your ADE library to only see library books (this is helpful if you have a large collections of books in your ADE library).
5. Drag the book cover in the main window of ADE over to the list of bookshelves and drop it on the icon representing the Kobo Reader. The book will be copied to the reader's internal memory.
5. Unmount the Kobo Reader from the PC/Mac and unplug the USB cable. The Kobo should now display a message that it is processing new files. Shortly thereafter, your library books should be listed in your Books I'm Reading list with a "New" tag.
Let me know if I need to clarify anything.
Last edited by Croptop; 05-03-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Reason: Clarified steps; added more detail.