View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
so far I used em for all my margins. When I change the size of the font (by the zoom buttons on the ebook reader), I want that things like margins or text intend also change that way.
You want margins to change with the font size? When you increase the font size, the number of characters displayed per line is smaller. Are you sure that you want to further decrease that number of characters by increased margins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
Where is the big difference between em and % ?
Oh, it varies, depending on the element . If font size is defined to be 150%, it is the same thing as setting it to 1.5em.

However, percents used for margin (top, bottom, left, right) are percents of width or length of the containing box, and are not affected when default font size changes.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote