View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #25
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
My dad has problems remembering how to open up his books in FBReader and my son could be using the Nokia 770 for things other than reading books when he is supposed to be reading.
Well, then you made a good call then. I got my elderly dad a JBL and after I instructed him just a couple times he's very good at it now. And you have to understand, he doesn't even know how to turn on a computer... literally.

And as for your son, I just found it funny that in a lot of reviews the number one complaint people have with this ebook reader is you can't do anything else with it besides reading ebooks. That's actually one of my main reasons why I got it in the first place. The way I see it, this device is a great educational tool. When your kid is using it, you know for a fact that he/she is reading a book, not surfing the net or playing games.

Quote:
As to specific font styles, one can't generally choose the font style of their paper book, so that's not an issue.
I am so glad to see someone like you appreciating the value of this device without bitching about the lack of font styles available. I did a lot of reading about this device before I bought it, and the most annoying complaints I saw were those about font styles, or the lack thereof. I swear, people complain about the most insignificant things these days.

If you want to see what Vietnamese look like on the jetbook lite, just click on the word "here" in my signature. You see, the vietnamese characters just don't show very well on ebook readers. The nook, sony, kindle, and other popular brands don't show them at all. And now I just found out the libre doesn't show the characters correctly either. Now that I have found an ebook reader that allows my people to read honest to god vietnamese ebooks, people are getting them left and right. Ectaco may have inadvertantly given my people a new toy to play with.

Anything to get people to read!

Last edited by jblitereader; 05-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote