View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The legal system does not insist that a person be guilty before taking legal action against them; just that a prima facie case exist against them. Clearly, the fact that files have been illegally downloaded by a person's computer constitutes such a case, irrespective of whether or not the computer's owner turns out to have been responsible.

I'm a big fan of the RIAA; it's high time someone made it quite clear to people that it is not "acceptable" to use other people's copyrighted material without paying for it.
The problem with the RIAA is that they cannot see how much damage they are causing. Take napster for example. When Napster first came out, CD sales were up 6% because people were able to sample CDs or find music they didn't know existed and then went out and purchased what it is they liked. The RIAA managed to get Napster shutdown and thus sales dropped. They raise prices so most people cannot afford to purchase all the CDs they want. It would be better to make more profit by selling more Cds with less profit per CD. I remember when $10 was the rough price for a CD and less on sale. Now we get on sale at $12.95 and $14.95-$16.95 not on sale. It's just terrible. Then the RIAA stong arm people without being 100% sure they did anything wrong. They take you to court without due process of the law. The RIAA work (and yes I have to say this) using Nazi tactics.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote