I can confirm that 0.0.9 fixes this issue. You have to manually uninstall 0.0.8 (or any earlier version) via ADB and then install 0.0.9. Here are steps on how to do it
1. Download and install the Android SDK.
2. Find the IP address of your nook (instructions are here: How to find nook's IP address
3. In a terminal (command line) window, navigate to the "tools" directory in the Android SDK.
4. With the NOOK_IP being the IP address of your nook, enter the following:
adb connect NOOK_IP:5555
5. Nothing should appear to happen and you will be returned to your command prompt. This is normal.
adb uninstall com.nookdevs.library
7. download nooklibrary 0.0.9 (http://nookdevs.googlecode.com/files/nookLibrary.apk
) and copy it to the android tools folder
adb install nooklibrary.apk
9. restart your nook.