View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
So far, I know of no conversion TO topaz utilities (although whoever did the topaz to html should have no problem going the other way, albeit without being able to create any fonts, which is what you are after.). The biggest issue, though, would be that you need to convert what is text in the PDF (the formulas and such are often text and use special fonts) into graphics in the ebook, which is essentially required in order for the formulas to be readable (although I suspect a bit small). Which means a lot of hand conversion, such as O'Reilly does with their books.

For now, the only real solution for this type of book is probably a tablet PC and Adobe Acrobat Pro (to let you annotate the PDF, which I don't believe any of the free reader software does).
koland is online now   Reply With Quote