View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
VanPersie
VanPersie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Missing several lines in converted Epubs

Hi all,

I've been having trouble viewing epubs on my Sony PRS 505. Whether I convert them with Sigil or Calibre, I get one of two problems:

1) when viewing at Small size, everything's fine, but when I increase the font to Medium, the text is missing several lines of text (only the top 1/3 of the screen has text, the rest of the screen is blank).

2) I get the same problem at all sizes. Some text at the top, but the rest of the screen is blank and missing several lines.

This only happens for epubs where I'm changing the fonts (either with @font-face rules or with a hack).The epubs display correctly on both Sigil and the Ebook Library, which is why I'm thinking the problem might be with my reader. I'm using Pepak's Replace Default Epub Fonts hack at the moment, as well as PRSCustomizer, but I've been having that problem even before I installed them.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my userStyle.css:
Code:
 @font-face { font-family: "Linux Libertine"; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal, small-caps; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/LinuxLibertine_Roman.ttf); }
   @font-face { font-family: "Linux Libertine"; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal, small-caps; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/LinuxLibertine_Bold.ttf); }
   @font-face { font-family: "Linux Libertine"; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; font-variant: normal, small-caps; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/LinLibertine_It-4.0_.3_.ttf); }
   @font-face { font-family: "Linux Libertine"; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; font-variant: normal, small-caps; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/LinuxLibertine_BdItl.ttf); }
   @font-face { font-family: "EuroSansPro"; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal, small-caps; src: url(res:///Data/fonts/EuroSansPro-Reg.otf); }

html, body { font-family: "Linux Libertine", serif ; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 2pt; margin-right: 1pt; margin-top: 0;}
   p { line-height: 1.1em; font-size: 1em; text-indent: 1.1em; }
   i { font-style: italic; }
   h1 {font-family: "EuroSansPro", sans-serif; font-weight: normal; }
   h2 {font-family: "EuroSansPro", sans-serif; font-weight: normal; }

I've also attached scans from my reader, the first three pages of a converted epub to illustrate the issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	571.6 KB
ID:	50455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Page2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	50456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Page3.jpg
Views:	92