View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
What do you mean by epub experience? I've had some epubs that look great on various devices and others that don't and I don't think it was the fault of the devices.

Personally, I just wish that people had better spelling in epubs. I'm reading one now where murdered has been misspelled mirrdered in half a dozen places. This to me says the author has not invested the time in having a second set of eyes proofread his work.
Try reading Zelda's edition of Three Men in a Boat. It was nicely designed and looks quite good. But on an iPad, you will lose some of that niceness due to iBook not handling embedded fonts. So it will not look like it should. There is no app yet on the iPad (that I know of) that will allow you to read Three Men in a Boat the way Zelda intended it to be read.

Apple needs to fix iBook and fix it now. because I do think that once people plunk down the cash for a larger screen reader, they won't then also plunk down the cash for an iPad whereas they may have gone for the iPad had there been a really nice ePub app at the time of purchase of the larger screen reader that's now replaced the buying of an iPad (that does make sense if you read that over a few times).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote