View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Reader resets when connected to USB

Here's what happened.
I did the direct page control hack and didn't like it, so I reflashed with the Universal flasher. Everything seems fine.
Next I did the joystick hack with history using the volume buttons.
Everything seemed fine until I connected to my computer a few hours later and found that if the CONNECT software is running the Reader resets itself and continues to reset as long as CONNECT is running. If I disconnect it starts normally. It does it on both my computers, so I don't think it's the Connect software. If CONNECT isn't running I get the usual USB screen.
I've reflashed it with the Universal flasher (clock only) and did the routine to erase everything and return it to factory settings. I also changed USB cables and recharged the Reader with the wall outlet but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote