Thread: Angry!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Angry!

As I said before I've been very happy with the 1.5 firmware on my Cybook, but now it seems that my main bookstore - Fictionwise seem to have dropped secure mobi format.
This means:-
a) some of the books in my bookshelf are no longer available, which means books in the series I haven't yet bought are either not available or only in another format.
b) books in my wishlist are only available now in non mobi format
c) I have $39 in my account that is of little use

This seems to have happened in the last few weeks (my last purchase was a bunch of books in early March which I have jsut finished).

Recommendations please:
I suppose the obvious is to go to V2.0 and epub
I can de-drm all my mobi, then use (calibre?) to convert them
Or will V2 still read non-drm mobi?
Fictionwise seem to have only some titles in epub, I'm guessing that secure pdf is not the same
Will they gradually convert everything to get a full catalogue
who can recommend a better store - assuming I go epub?

Sorry if this has been discussed, not been on here much lately and the search function produced way too much to wade through.
TIA
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote