Thread: Time Travel
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #49
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I really enjoyed the collaborative efforts of Robert Asprin and Linda Evans in the Time Travel sub-genre. The four book Time Scout series is quite good (if you don't mind a few logistical holes that are kinda glossed over -- I didn't notice most of them until I was re-reading the books).

The titles are Time Scout, Wagers of Sin, Ripping Time, and The House That Jack Built. The last two are available as e-books from Baen. I've asked if they plan to release the first two as e-books as well, and the reply was to the effect of: "maybe eventually." The last two also deal with Jack the Ripper, so if you're interested in that topic .... It's fiction of course, but it's still quite an interesting fictional take on that mystery.

Another, totally separate time travel novel by those same two authors (also e-available from Baen) is a book called For King and Country. A very good read, that one.

Also possibly of interest is the Dragon Knight series by Phillip K. Dick. The first one is The Dragon And The George, I'll let you consult Amazon for the rest of the titles. I don't believe those are e-available, though (I'd like to find out I'm wrong!)

And of course, Michael Creighton's Timeline and Sphere are good reads (much better than the movies), and they both pre-date his politicized period. I don't know if those are e-vailable or not.
I believe The Dragon and the George is by Gordon Dickson rather than Philip K. Dick.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote