View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Because IMHO the "sync" idea doesn't make as much sense for photos as it does for stuff like music.
Agreed.

The only thing I actually like syncing for is podcasts as that's easier for getting new episodes on your iPod and deleting the old episodes you've listened to vs. doing it manually.

Everything else I prefer just manually drag and drop etc. Even music on my Nano. Now if I had a 32GB or bigger iPod I'd be ok with syncing music as I'd want every song on there like I have on my Creative Vision M. But for my 8GB Nano I just want to drag and drop albums manually to put whatever I want on their for workouts at the time etc.

So that's a big drawback of iDevices for me. I don't loathe iTunes completely, but I'm just not a fan of syncing vs. just having a file system and drag and drop. Especially in a tablet device that I'm going to put a lot of different types of files on.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote