View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #62
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.dmaul1114 knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe you're making our point. No, you don't really hear of it being done. Why? Because the DRM won't allow it.

Publishers have used DRM to prevent the reselling of commercial eBooks.
To be fair, even without DRM there wouldn't be much reselling. People would just give it away. Not much incentive for the average person to sell an e-book when they can keep a copy. Unlike paperbooks where they're getting rid of their only copy and thus there are more people that would like to at least get a couple bucks for it etc.

The only way well see a lot of sales of e-books is if there's DRM systems that allow sells/trades by transferring licenses. i.e. can sell or trade to someone else, and the book is deleted from your account and can't be re-downloaded unless you purchase a new one.

I doubt they'll go that route, so we'll eventually just have no DRM on books and there won't be any real sales of used e-books. People will either just keep their copy and not give it away, or keep their copy and give it to others as it common with MP3s with music.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote