View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #120
wayspooled
Bibliophile
wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.wayspooled is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Colour of Magic does give you all kinds of info on one of Discworld's recurring characters. It is worth it to get through it just for that Because the books are different enough from each other, there are ones you may end up liking better then others. But I plan on reading them all no matter.
Aye, it does. After I was hooked I went back and read everything I could find that he wrote. I've read all the young adult books, the cookbook, the Science of Discworld books and heh, anything I could find.

The regular Discworld series of books - I'd say they have a higher ratio of coffee spitting per word than anything else I've read. Of course, "Projectile Drink Spitting" is only one of the three ways I rate books. There is also the "Stop and Look Away from the Book with Mouth Slightly Ajar" (several authors paint pictures with words so well) scale as well as the "Involuntary Verbal Utterance" ie: "Holy .......!" subsequently followed by the realization I've gotten so excited about something going on that I've been skimming and have to go back and reread.

There's even a Discworld Society page I've seen somewhere with a vault of Pratchett one-liners.

Last edited by wayspooled; 08-14-2007 at 12:54 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote