View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
So far, Smashwords has ironed out bugs ... Amazon has some additional formatting requirements, I think.
I would not be surprised that it's the lack of formatting retained and stripping of the pictures from the mobi versions that is part of the issue (the mobi version often looks the worst or is "lesser" compared to the others, which would make the Kindle version cost the same, but be the worst choice in a comparison). Also, they no doubt need to override price in the event it is set to zero, need information on which countries the publication rights are valid and some assurance that Smashwords has done the research they are now doing, make sure that nothing posted violates the copyright holder's rights (which no other company does and I believe was a major mistake on Amazon's part).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote