View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #53
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I have ready many posts where other mfgs have replaced a screen where the cause did not appear to be owner mishandling (which you admitted there was no proof of)...maybe not technically covered but goodwill towards keeping customers long term.

While that type of service may be going above and beyond -and- not judging who is "right or wrong", I have to admit that this type of response is not one I would expect from a customer oriented company.

While I understand that upset customers can be frustrating to deal with, the sarcasm and glee in being right made me empathize with the OP more so than his case.

I'm glad others have reported having better customer service experiences.
I very much agree with Boston. I think the way the Pocketbook representative handled this case---the tone, the fishing for public opinion in a very public forum when the Pocketbook representative should be the expert on this, or at the very least have a more direct and private access to that expertise---is in very bad form. If MobileRead admins are not yet aware of how the MR forum is being used in such a manner in this case, then they should be and, I think, create guidelines for cases like this. Without knowing what the "truth" is in the case of this damaged eBook reader, I too empathize with the OP for the way his case was handled in this forum.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote