Originally Posted by Kralik
I recommend labeling the 0.34b/c firmware as "beta" and posting a link to the 0.33g firmware. Also, a word of caution is in order: once you upgrade to 0.34b/c, you cannot flash back to 0.33g. The risk needs to be clearly communicated.
They weren't released as 'beta' releases, but as production releases. I've been running mine since the initial release of the .34c without any issues (aside from the ( & ) character bug in filenames). I also seem to recall doing a reflash to .33g at some point (and I can't remember the reason at this point either, lol), but I'll try it again to see if I have any issues doing it.
**EDIT** I emailed Pavel, and at this point he recommended waiting until the next release, as, like you said you can't go back from 34 to .33g (I could have sworn I did that, maybe it was from .34b to .33g, or might have been on the JBL on the last version). They do also consider them 'beta' at this point as well since there were issues upgrading directly to 34c. All I can say is I'm running it, and haven't had any problems that a simple file-rename didn't fix...