Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #38
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
believe it or not, jobs is pretty anti-drm, he fought against it for years with the record industries and eventually won. i read somewhere he tried to get the book publishers also to skip the drm, but they wouldn't agree to it. so they'll take a few years to learn their lesson and drop it as well.

apple isn't getting along with adobe right now, why on earth would they drop their own in-house developed DRM scheme to hand over a sack of cash to adobe to use their DRM scheme? makes no business sense, and i think their stockholders would agree, given that apple spent time and money to develop fairplay (that they tried to license out a bit years ago).

i think while apple is happy selling books, they realize it isn't going to be another cash cow like music and apps are.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote