View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're only "stuck" if you buy commercial eBooks in BBeB format, which personally I don't. I create my own books using Book Designer, and I buy "open format" books from Baen. Both of these are very easy to move to other formats. I speak from experience, having just bought an iLiad and started to read using MobiPocket rather than the Reader.

MobiPocket seems to be rapidly becoming the "de facto" standard for DRM-d eBooks.
I have had a look at Baen. Either I am completely useless (quite possible!) or they have a VEY limited list of books. I didn't find there Ysabel by G.G. Kay, The Terror by Dan Simmons etc. Maybe I was looking at wrong place?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote