View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
bgalbrecht
Guru
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook color, nook touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegmax1000 View Post
what is the difference between pdb and epub ? is one preferable? my e reader on my pc has never worked. just got my nook a few weeks ago, lost the charger and had to get one online. not available in stores. so just starting even though i have 85 books loaded. anyone wanting to borrow and lend me titles, i will. i know no one else with a nook.
My preference is for ePub. The size of images in a .pdb (eReader) format file is usually smaller than that of ePub, and in my experience, images in .pdb are targeted for smaller devices like 240x320, and images for .epub are targeted for larger devices. In general, looking at an image from a .pdb on my computer or even the nook looks blocky and ugly.

Having said that, I have a huge number of .pdb files purchased at Fictionwise because of the 5% additional Micropay rebate, and .epub files from Fictionwise can only be downloaded on Windows/Mac because they have to be downloaded with Adobe Digital Editions. However, if I know or expect that a book has illustrations, I'll go for the .epub.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote