View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
I too have been following e-Ink since its introduction, though I don't know where I first got wind of it. I was hot on the trail of the Librie forever, but could never justify importing one, so I waited for the inevitable US release of the Reader.

The reason I so closely followed e-Ink is because the site I'm associated with is actually built entirely around the philosophy that people DO NOT WANT TO READ ON A COMPUTER MONITOR. War and Peace on a PowerBook? No thanks, Mr Eye Strain.

My benefactor developed his site with that in mind, writing very short stories. That way it was something people could read online, but not kill their eyes. Most of the stories are about a half printed page, some as short as 2 words, others as long as 2048 (a typical "short story" length).

http://www.storybytes.com

I used some of the stories as samples in my pielrf application.

Anyway, I have long been awaiting the Reader. I had planned to wait for a price drop but my neighbor got one for Christmas from her husband -- both of them being totally computer clueless! When I saw her Reader in Real Life, I started saving up!

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote