View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwalia View Post
It allows sorting by bookshelf mode (i think latest is at the top), title name mode, author name mode and lastly by categories. Categories are genres for books. You can define the genres when you edit epub description in itunes.

FYI iBooks will not be available outside US. Maybe in that case you might ask somebody to send you the US version of iPad.

cheers.
the ibooks app isn't available outside the US until apple gets publishers from various countries to buy into it.

while the app (or the ipad) isn't available outside the US right now, i think just as with the iphone, there are ways of loading apps you aren't supposed to. i suspect a jailbroken ipad will load ibooks just fine, but you probably won't be able to shop the store. or maybe you will.

there are many people who register the itunes store with a US address so that they can shop content from outside the US borders. i think this falls in a grey area, but it's an option..
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote