Originally Posted by DaleDe
It is and it does, that is why there is still enough power to beep at you and flash the lights. The problem is that there is no warning for the user other than the battery gauge thus it seems to be on full until it fails.
Oh, I see what you were getting at then. I still prefer my other theory that it gets in a state that runs the battery down fast. Just from my own experience, I know my battery gauge, and how it changes with regard to battery, fairly well by now. I know my unit works with just one bar left. However, I had mine go from full - 4 bars, to unable to power on, within a couple of idle hours.