View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
To break it down a little

Cost Per Book Read

Devices: $600
Books: $1480
Total Books Read: 231
Cost Per Book: $9 or (600+1480)/231

Note: This is a lifetime cost so far. Typically when I buy a new device, I sell an old one, so this keeps the cost manageable. $50 each on two Palm PDAs (one to replace one that broke), $200 on misc stuff and losses from devices I sold and did not get the full amount I paid and $300 for the Kindle.

Cost Per Purchased Book

Total Spent on Books: $1480
Total Books Purchased: 479
Cost Per Book: $3.08

Note: Again, these are lifetime costs. It's very easy to track with a simple spreadsheet. I used to play the Fictionwise promo game hard, so often I would buy a book and get a rebate, then spend the rebate on several others. I don't count free downloads from the Sony store, but I do count the Fictionwise freebies I got with micropay and stuff like that.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote