View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Jellby's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,166
Karma: 4792399
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spaniard in Sweden
Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I like that interpretation but why have multiple translation entries and marking the language as part of the translation? Do you have more than one language in the same file? Or are you marking the original language it is translated from?
So far, I've only used it in the multilingual edition of Dante's Divine Comedy, there I have:

Code:
    <dc:title xml:lang="it">La divina commedia</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="de">Göttliche Komödie</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="en">The Divine Comedy</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="es">La divina comedia</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="pt">A divina comédia</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="ru">Божественная комедия</dc:title>
    <dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Alighieri, Dante">Dante Alighieri</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="ill" opf:file-as="Doré, Gustave">Gustave Doré</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Streckfuß, Carl">Carl Streckfuß</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth">Henry Wadsworth Longfellow</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Mitre, Bartolomé">Bartolomé Mitre</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Pinheiro, José Pedro Xavier">José Pedro Xavier Pinheiro</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Лози́нский, Михаи́л Леони́дович">Михаи́л Леони́дович Лози́нский</dc:creator>
    <dc:language>it</dc:language>
    <dc:language>de</dc:language>
    <dc:language>en</dc:language>
    <dc:language>es</dc:language>
    <dc:language>pt</dc:language>
    <dc:language>ru</dc:language>
    <dc:date opf:event="publication">1321</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation (de)">1826</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation (en)">1867</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation (es)">1897</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation (pt)">1882</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation (ru)">1945</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="creation">2009-08-05</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="modification">2009-09-19</dc:date>
because the document contains all those languages (I didn't use xml:lang for dates, because it's not the dates which are in different languages, but the translations they refer to).

In "The Story of Gösta Berling", however, since it's just an English translation from the original Swedish (and the original is not included in the document), I have:

Code:
    <dc:title>The Story of Gösta Berling</dc:title>
    <dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Lagerlöf, Selma Ottiliana Lovisa">Selma Lagerlöf</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Flach, Pauline Bancroft">Pauline Bancroft Flach</dc:creator>
    <dc:language>en</dc:language>
    <dc:date opf:event="publication">1891</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="translation">1898</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="creation">2009-08-24</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="modification">2009-10-05</dc:date>
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote