View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
The date of creation being set automatically... I don't think that's what the date of creation is for. As I understand it, it's for the date of creation of the original work, not the epub file. So if you're editing a book published in 1948 but created in 1945, the DoC would say 1945 and DoP would say 1948.
The specification is not very specific on what the different dates could mean. This is what I use:

<dc:date opf:event="publication"> For publication of the original work. Multiple instances if the ebook collects multiple works (as in a trilogy or omnibus...)
<dc:date opf:event="translation"> For publication of the translation, if it is a translated work. If there are multiple languages, I use "translation (de)" or "translation (pt)"...
<dc:date opf:event="creation"> For creation of the first ePUB version.
<dc:date opf:event="modification"> For the last modification of the ePUB.

But the specification only says: "The date element has one optional OPF event attribute. The set of values for event are not defined by this specification; possible values may include: creation, publication, and modification."
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote