View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #61
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Let's take Grisham's The Appeal as an example. FW shows a list price of $18.95 but gives me a discount with a final price of $16.11. Now, look at the same title in the same format at the Sony Reader Store. It's price is $7.99.
It's worth noting here that Grisham is a Random House author, and so the pricing is not affected by the recent agency changes. This is simply a case where other booksellers are discounting a book more than Fictionwise, for their own reasons.

I'm sure you can find numerous examples of books where the Fictionwise discount is higher. For example, the very first one I checked, as it was the banner ad on the Sony store, "Solar" by Ian McEwan is cheaper on Fictionwise after the Buywise discount.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote