Ok... for all you doubters and "Apple is evil" sayers... the kindle app for iPad is in the App store.
This is version 2... released April 02, 2010. Screen shots from the iTunes store attached. Oh, and its FREE of course!
From the iTunes App store:
Additional iPad Features:
- New beautiful user interface tailored to the size, look, and feel of the iPad.
- New Home library view with pinch, zoom and scrolling support.
- New page turning animation that replicates the look of turning a page in a book. Customers who prefer simpler, unadorned reading experience can use the default "Basic Reading Mode" option to turn off the animation.
- Adjustable screen brightness within the app to help reduce eye strain.
- This initial release has only been tasted on the official iPAd simulator provided by Apple.