View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
Zerotown
Zerotown began at the beginning.

Location: The semi-great city of Arnhem, located deep in the Netherlands
Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Will or will not. Who knows?
Indeed. Still, I understand that the BeBook Neo is an Onyx machine, and that up until thusfar the firmware releases have been essentially the same. I rather hope the BeBook-owners will get this upgrade as well. (Besides being nice for them, it'll make good business-sense for BeBook to implement this: no use losing customers over it by doing not).

Quote:
Probably the E60 will be able to get 16 with an update just like Neo/Boox
That would certainly be nice. I haven't read any announcements by Samsung stating this intention (or the possibility), however.

Quote:
No. Neo/Boox have 4000 pages. [snip] Some users report more, some less.
That's good to know. One Dutch review led me to believe it could last even 10.000 pages, so I figured 8000 was with the WIFI on. I'll try this myself over the next week(s), since my Boox will hopefully arrive this weekend.

Quote:
What kind of touch screen does E60 have?
I haven't been able to figure this out yet. The Samsung indeed requires a 'electromagnetic resonance stylus' pen for writing, and the video's lead me to believe the screen is far less reflective as the Sony PRS-600. Regardless of the technology used, it'll be nice to be able to compare both the Boox and the E60 in this aspect. (So launch the thing already, Samsung! )
Zerotown is offline   Reply With Quote