Thread: Library books
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by joobies View Post
Positive feedback is always welcome at the library. Our overdrive system is grouped with 49 other libraries which makes the selection a bit out of my library's control.
So, while we have mostly audiobooks there are still enough other selections to keep me busy. It is a great system that I trust will catch on with use.

Many thanks to HorridRedDog for the information about the Free Philadelphia library.... my application is enroute.
Thank you. I hope that you enjoy the free P library.

One of the things that I like about them is that as soon as you get your card you can start downloading ebooks, audiobooks, and movies.

Some of the other libraries, like those in the Pittsburgh area, make you come in to "activate" the card. One library that lets out of area users have access to downloads charge $185 PER YEAR!

Don't give up on using their "system". Searching for authors or by genre can get frustrating.

If you want "horror" you can't use that term (I guess that it is a bad word).

Type in only the last name of the author or the title of a book in their system, and then follow the links.

Such as Koontz or "Prodigal Son".

But if you type in just Prodigal Son without the quotes you will get a lot of junk.

If any one can find a better ebook selection let us know

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 04-01-2010 at 09:05 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote