Thread: Library books
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #17
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II
My suburb of Portland, OR (USA) has no ebooks. None. Zip. Nada. When I went in to ask about ebooks I talked to 3 different people and each one of them proudly informed me that they had a nice collection of audio books. When I explained that ebooks were different than audio books each of them looked at me like I was crazy. They had no idea what I was talking about.

While I live only 30 miles from Portland, OR, I am in a different county and not eligible for a free or discounted library card from them. I don't know if it would matter. The last time I checked them on-line, they had less than two hundred ebooks listed and it seemed that very few of them were fiction. However, if you are interested in "iPod: The Missing Manual" or "In-N-Out Burger: A Behind-the-counter Look at the Fast-food Chain That Breaks All the Rules", or similar subjects, they have you well covered.

Last edited by gastan; 04-01-2010 at 11:49 AM.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote