View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo
Can't really argue with that, Graham, now that I've gotten more information on the subject. My email to the DOJ listed the 5 publishers - mentioned the sellers a little too, because I copied some info from BoB (that listed the publishers) but not as culprits in this.

I don't know what my price limit is. I have not tested it. I usually buy older books, and I can't remember ever spending more than $10 on ebooks. I do buy more books from Baen than from Fictionwise or eReader.com, and Baen keeps their prices low. Will they continue to do that? I hope so!

Whether or not these publishers are actually doing something illegal, I should hope that if they are ridiculous with their pricing, we make that clear to them by withholding our dollars. It is unfortunate that some sellers may be hurt by that. But... hardnosed as it sounds, if all the sellers had gotten together as the 5 publishers have done, and refused to play the publisher's game, then perhaps this would not be happening.

Pigs fly too.
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote