View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
They really must make the price/value equation balance if they want to compete with the other choices the customer has. I don't mean all books must be free or authors don't deserve to get paid or anything like that. I mean that they need to think seriously about what a reasonable person will pay for their product and price it at that level to drive sales (for example, iTunes has sold over a billion downloads because it is affordable and dead easy). Cable television is another industry they can learn from. I moved last summer and realized that with a cheap $40 antenna, I could get five channels over the air, and they showed nearly all of the shows I watch. Cable starts at $40 a month. Not worth it just to watch the one show I'll miss. Yes, there are other channels with other things but if I, the customer, does not care about those things, they will not entice me to pay for them at the price they want.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote